The 65-kV-Line between the Bramois hydro power station and the Uvrier substation consists today of a conventional overhead line. The national grid operator swissgrid plans to construct a new 400kV overhead line in the region and as a compensation measure, the overhead line Bramois - Uvrier shall be undergrounded.
The works of Braavos for this high voltage cable installation include:
- engineering services for the planning of the joint bays
- definition of the grounding concept
- preparation of the single-line diagram
- calculation of the thermal rating for buried cables in PE pipes and common steel pipes
- calculation of the magnetic fields for the authorization process
- supporting the authorization process
- preparation of the tender documents and the organization of the tender process
Additionally, the reconstruction works at the Bramois power station are currently underway. The four old horizontal Pelton turbines from the year 1915 are replaced by two new vertical Pelton turbines of 16 MW each. The work is carried out while a part of the plant remains in operation.